Mistakes I made in 2015
It’s 2016 and I must say my blog stats have been kicking it. Thank you to everyone who still checks my blog despite that I stopped posting (keep reading to know why). Although, I promise I am going to get more frequent with my posts.
2015 was an amazing year for me, I reached out to my readers who I could get their e-mail addresses and everyone had something awesome to say about 2015.
The first month January was so different from the other years, I had to debate at the National Debating Championship between Universities. It was an experience I loved so much and dreaded at the same time.
After the 10 day experience in University of Lagos after several mistakes, I learnt some valuable lessons:
- Never give your facebook name to just anyone (hahaha) but really Don’t. Anyways I ended up blocking this one dude, that was just always disturbing me & thought I would end up as his wife.
- Practice is really essential to excel at whatever you want to do. With barely any experience in Debating I took on this challenge, as expected I didn’t break into the semi-finals but my roommates who were constantly clubbing every night were 3rd position overall thanks to previous experience & practice.
Fast forward to April…I learnt another valuable lesson
- Boredom if channelled right can produce the best thing ever. One random day I was so bored & so I was going through my pictures I realized I had so many nice pictures but so few were posted and I created this blog which has led to so many beautiful things.
Fast forward to June… more valuable lessons were learnt
- If only you can believe, it is possible… I interned at John Hopkins University Center for Communications program. It indeed was a dream come true. My experience was beyond my imagination actually! God surprised me and favored me.
Fast forward to December… I learnt so many valuable lessons
- Network! Network! Network! In the words of a fellow blogger that I met this december “Networking is everything” Any opportunity you get to Network Take advantage of it.
- Hard work and proper planning pays off… my result was awesome, on christmas eve I saw my result 8A’s and 2B’s.. how awesome? Anyways I had to sacrifice wearing makeup during the semester and a few other things to achieve that result and God helped me a whole lot.
- Never let being an introvert get the best of you…If you actually read my posts you would find out that overtime I became an introvert and it got the worst of me. This December I broke that shell and went out more often and it turned out to be a great holiday!
- Look inside the answer might be there! When I was about going on holiday I had plans to design some clothes but because I needed financial resource which I lacked I couldn’t carry on with the project but some days before I left my house.. turns out the resources I needed where in abundance in my house.
- Never wait till you’re perfect to start something if not you would never start. I actually stopped posting because I wasn’t proud of my blog theme (AT ALL..Still not proud of it) but if I wait till my web designer changes it I might wait forever so i’m posting irregardless.
“The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.” Theodore Roosevelt
After reading Richard Branson’s post My greatest Failure I got inspired to look back at 2015 and think about the mistakes I made and valuable lessons I learnt from it.
I have shared mine… now I’m looking forward to hearing what valuable lessons you learnt from the mistakes you made in 2015!
(Shout out to my Tanzanian readers! This material i’m wearing is from Tanzania)